Impact_Worship Team Orientation
1. Weekly Classes: Worship Team classes are only taken for 1 semester, and we require that you make a 4 Month Commitment. Classes begin on August 25th, and the last class will be held on Dec. 1st (no classes will be held on Nov. 24th due to Thanksgiving.)
2. Drop Off & Pick Up: For Impact Classes is in the KidsQuest Theatre.
3. Class Expectations: We expect your child to attend their assigned class each week in order to keep up with the choreography and teaching. (Obviously limited out of town absences or sicknesses are understood). In general, we do not allow your child to attend the other class because both classes are full. However, if you find yourself needing to switch one night, please ask and if we happen to have someone not attending that evening, we may be able to fit you in.
4. Missing Classes: If you have to miss your assigned class, please email Olivia Stein at [email protected] and let us know. We ask that you not miss more than 2 classes during the semester. Also, when you miss a class, it’s your responsibility to go on our website and learn the songs at home that you missed in class. An “Impact Song List” is listed on the KidsQuestrocks.com website that gives the dates for each class and the songs that are being taught each week.
5. Website: Practice videos are available on our Worship Team member website:
www.KidsQuestRocks.com. A login will be sent to you. Please do not share the login with anyone. If you know of someone from another church who would like to get information about leading a Worship Team, please feel free to give them our contact info or invite them to visit our Church.
6. Practice at home: Part of leading worship is singing the songs (with a smile on your face). We expect the kids to practice the songs they are learning each week at home with the fun videos on the website and be able to sing the words to all of the songs. The words for each song is listed below the video for them to learn.
7. T-shirts: Our popular worship team T-shirts will be awarded as a graduation gift in order to recognize their accomplishment in completing the program. We will measure during the month of August, and plan to hand them out at the end of the semester.
8. Dress Code: For practices and rehearsals, shorts can be worn, but they must be fingertip length or longer. Your shirt must be long enough that it covers your stomach when your hands are up, and no spaghetti straps, tight fitting or low cut shirts. Worship Team stage attire consists of blue jeans/jean capris for girls, blue jeans/jean shorts for boys, your worship team shirt and sneakers. Please wear sneakers whenever you come to Worship Team.
9. Communication: In order to make sure your child doesn’t miss any important information or opportunities, you must read your emails. We go out of our way to only send emails to you that specifically pertain to your child. Please read all of your emails carefully and let us know if you change email addresses. Occasionally, we send texts.
10. Impact Showcase: At the end of the semester, our Impact Arts Academy students will come togeteher for an exciting evening event, where they will showcase the skills they have obtained through their classes. Please mark your calendars for Friday, December 4th at 7:00 PM, and feel free to invite family, grandparents and friends to the event.
11. Opportunity to Join the Worship Team: After completing the class in December, your child will be offered an opportunity to join the KidsQuest Worship Team to lead worship one Saturday Night per month from January 2016-May 2016, and optionally over the summer through August. If they sign up for this opportunity, they will also need to attend a monthly practice, which will be held on the same Sat. they lead, just prior to service.
12. Week Assignments if You Join Worship Team: Your child will be assigned a specific week of the month (ex. Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4), so you will know their schedule ahead of time and can plan accordingly. The Sat. Night teams meets at 3:15 PM and will be done by 6:15 PM (with practice/rehearsal and leading worship). On the day your child leads worship, we have a monthly devotional we do backstage.
13. Wednesday Night Rehearsal: On the Wednesday night just prior to the Sunday of the week your child has been assigned to lead worship, they will be required to attend a mandatory rehearsal from 6:45 – 8:00 PM in the KidsQuest Theatre.
14. Other Serving Opportunities for Worship Team: Once you join the Worship Team, we also go and serve other places, such as Nursing Homes, homeless shelters, as well as our annual Guatemala Mission Trip (must be 11 years old for Mission Trip.)
*More information about joining the Worship Team will be sent later.
All Material is Copyright Protected 2014, Perimeter Church